Click the question to view the answer.
- What can I do with the INMOTION SCV?
- In addition to being used as a personal transporter, the INMOTION SCV can also make your life smarter. It can receive and execute simple orders and be used as your mobile photo/video platform or home surveillance assistant. Discover more functions by upgrading the firmware in the future.
- How long do I need to charge the Battery?
- The INMOTION SCV Battery usually needs 3.5 hours charge. To maximize the performance of your INMOTION SCV Battery, please fully charge it once a month, or every 2 days during regular use—whichever comes first.
- Can I drive the INMOTION SCV on public roads?
- The INMOTION SCV is not a substitute for a traditional 4-wheeled vehicle. Do not drive the INMOTION SCV on public roads and sidewalks. If you have to do so, you should consult local authorities before driving to become familiar with applicable laws and regulations.
- What should I do if an unknown software problem happens?
- The self-examination mode is designed to examine and calibrate the INMOTION SCV and solve such problems automatically. To enter self-examination mode: Press and hold Shift button for 2 seconds to enter Shift Mode. Press Lock/Unlock Button to enter Self-examination Mode.
- What should I do if the INMOTION SCV detects an error or a system fault?
- If the INMOTION SCV fails, there will be a voice prompt that will help you to troubleshoot problems with your INMOTION SCV by referring to relative chapters in the User Manual. If you are unable to solve the problem, contact an Authorized INMOTION Dealer or Distributor, or INMOTION Customer Care.
- What should I do if the INMOTION SCV cannot power on/off?
- Always check the battery power of the SCV and the SmartKey before turning the power on or off. Ensure you and your SmartKey are no further than 5m (15 ft) from your INMOTION SCV.
- What should I do if the INMOTION SCV cannot enter balance mode?
- Make sure the Turning Shaft is centered and the Footboard Mat is level, then confirm there is no weight on the Footboard Mat and check to see if there is an error icon on your SmartKey.
- What should I do if the INMOTION SCV is shaking?
- Check to see if the INMOTION SCV is giving a Shaft Shake Warning. If not, check and tighten the joints of the INMOTION SCV if needed.
- What should I do if the Turning Shaft slips or is off-centered?
- If the INMOTION SCV turns to one side automatically, activate Self-examination Mode. If not, check the Tires and make sure they are not worn.
- What do the SmartKey buttons do?
- Use the buttons to display the operational state of the INMOTION SCV and information including your speed, distance, and battery state.
- What are the Working Modes?
- The Working Modes represent the different states and functions of the INMOTION SCV.
- What do I need to do before I drive an INMOTION SCV?
- You need to read the User Manual carefully, watch the Learn to Drive Videos and make sure to follow their instructions when using the INMOTION SCV.
- What do I need to know when riding an INMOTION SCV?
- Stay calm and relaxed, trust your INMOTION SCV like your own body and be careful with people and things beside and behind you.
- How does the Safety System work?
- Safety is our primary concern when developing and manufacturing the INMOTION SCV. We have designed multiple Safety System redundancies and follow strict safety inspection procedures.
- What should I do if the INMOTION SCV cannot be added in the app?
- Make sure your Wi-Fi connection is on and the INMOTION SCV is powered on. If the INMOTION SCV is set to use a Dynamic IP Address, please be aware that it may take 1~2 minutes to get the IP address.
Precautions for use
- What do I need to know before I use the Battery Pack?
- For the first utilization, you should install the battery pack by yourself. Please immediately charge your INMOTION SCV when the battery pack is installed.
- How to maintain my INMOTION SCV?
- The recommended best operating temperature range is 15 ~ 30 ℃. If the motor temperature of INMOTION SCV is too high or too low, it may cause a Safety Shutdown.
How to ride V3
V3 Safety Tips
There are certain environmental temperature requirements for the utilization and storage of your INMOTION SCV, please check each entry to make sure that you have carefully read everything and will follow these instructions.
- The storage of the INMOTION SCV should be in a secure environment. The storage temperature should be within the range of (-10 °C - 35 °C) and then charge it.
- Please fully charge your INMOTION SCV before the storage to avoid the excessive discharge which is caused by the long period of non-use.
- If the storage of the INMOTION SCV is over a month, you should remove the battery for separate storage and fully charge the INMOTION SCV battery at least every 3 months.
- Please clean your INMOTION SCV before the storage and you can also cover it up to avoid dirt retention which might affect the performance of your INMOTION SCV.
The below information is very important for your safety while riding the INMOTION SCV, please check each entry to make sure that you have read everything and will follow these instructions.
Extend your SCV Battery life
The INMOTION Battery Pack can be charged 500 times before it begins to lose its effectiveness, barring any unusual conditions. Here are some tips for the safe utilization and storage of your Battery Pack.
- In order to avoid excessive power consumption of the battery pack during transport or storage, the battery pack is in the wrapper but not installed in the INMOTION SCV. For the first utilization, you should install the battery pack by yourself. The battery pack is replaceable. Please pay attention in the process of dismantling and installing the battery pack, as the battery pack requires gentle handling, and the impact and dropping must be avoided! The sudden change of the shape might cause dangerous situations, such as fire and blast, and so on. Please refer to "2.5 Assembling the INMOTION SCV" and "4.3 Charging the INMOTION SCV" in your "User Manual" for more information.
- Under some circumstances, the power of the battery pack might have been exhausted; therefore there may be low battery warning after the startup. Please charge your INMOTION SCV when the battery pack is installed! Please refer to "User Manual" for more information.
- Do not connect the battery contactors together, which will cause battery short circuit thus danger.
- Do not open the battery pack! In case of battery failure, please contact an authorized INMOTION dealer or distributer for maintenance service.
- Be sure to use the original charger for your INMOTION SCV! The lithium-ion battery has an intact overcharge protection system. However, it needs to be used together with the charger. If the INMOTION SCV is not charged with the original charger, there might be unknown dangers.
- The lithium-ion battery can be recharged at any time without affecting the battery life! If the INMOTION SCV is recharged until it runs out of battery, it will cause the battery excessive discharge very easily.
- The INMOTION SCV should be better used under an environment of 10 to 30 °C ! The lithium-ion battery under such environment has the best performance. An environment with too high or too low temperature may speed up the battery aging, accelerating the attenuation of the battery capacity and shortening the battery life.
- Please conserve the electricity! The fully charged battery pack will switch off the charging circuit to ensure safety, thus the continuation of connecting the charger will not charge the battery. Therefore, you should remove the charger when the INMOTION SCV is fully charged to avoid waste of power.
- Do not charge the lithium-ion battery which has been excessively discharged! Even after the shutdown with remote control, there will be power consumption in sleep mode. The fully charged battery pack which has been installed in the SCV will be exhausted within about 45 days. The storage continuation beyond 45 days will cause the excessive discharge of the lithium battery, thus the rapid service life attenuation of the battery pack and even the dangerous situations, such as fire and blast, and so on. There are potential risks with the excessively discharged battery, consequently it can only be processed as waste materials.
- If the INMOTION SCV is not used for a long period (5-10 days), the battery pack should be fully charged and stored in dry and cool places! By doing this will weaken the internal reaction of lithium battery. Please examine and recharge the battery every 3 months.
- Lithium-ion batteries are often subject to certain air transport regulations, please consult relevant authorities or any airline companies for transport advices.
- Please fully charge the battery pack before transport (under the circumstances of regular utilization).
- If the transport period is less than 10 days, the battery pack has be be removed for separate packaging and transport.
- There are strict requirements for the lithium-ion battery transport. If you need to transport your INMOTION SCV, please contact our authorized distributors for appropriate solutions. Do not choose the common express companies or forwarding agencies without proper instructions.